All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cruel Years offers readers a poignant and candid glimpse of the turmoil, oppression, and injustice of American life in the early 1900s told by twenty-two working women and men who, through their short narratives, reveal the resiliency of their lives in the face of unimaginable horrors. The book features vivid accounts of the struggle to survive among the poor and powerless: a native American tries to preserve his identity against incredible odds, a coal miner warns of lethal dangers, and a sweatshop girl tries to enjoy life.
- Author BiographyWilliam Loren Katz is an award-winning author and historian. He is the author of more than forty titles, including the internationally acclaimed The Black West. Laurie R. Lehman, associate professor of education at Long Island University, has written extensively on culture and disability in U.S. education. They live in New York City.
- Author(s)Laurie R. Lehman,William Loren Katz
- PublisherBeacon Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2003
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, 2 ports.
- Weight494 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.