All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fascinating and controversial look into the mysterious relationship between Nixon, Castro, and organised crime. In 1959, Fidel Castro toured the United States at the invitation of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Though he was wary, Castro entertained some hope of establishing communications with Washington. But after being snubbed by President Eisenhower and a less-than-cordial reception from Vice President Nixon, Castro left with the impression that US intentions towards his new government were hostile. In The Cuban Connection, former FBI agent and investigative journalist William Turner examines the fateful meeting between Castro and Nixon and the murky connections between Washington, the CIA, and organized crime in Cuba. Based on first-hand interviews with many of the key players involved, plus thorough background research, Turner raises many important questions and reveals insider information that many in power never wanted the public to kw.
- Author BiographyWilliam Weyand Turner is a former FBI agent and one of the deputy district attorneys assigned to investigate the JFK assassination.
- Author(s)William Weyand Turner
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Notephotographs throughout
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.