All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- Description-HONORABLE MENTION, FOREWORD REVIEWS' 2015 BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR HISTORICAL FICTION- A meeting of two worlds. A tale of forbidden love. A chronicle of heresy and crime. Set in the era of the Third Crusade, The Cult follows the fates of three pupils of a wise and gentle English teacher. Pledged to each other, Elise and Edmond strive to keep their love alive despite great opposition. All three become caught in a web of deceit and threatened by an ancient Gstic cult reincarnated in a new and monstrous form. One by one, each for a different reason, they come to Arab-Norman Sicily, a rich and brilliant realm where Christians, Jews, and Muslims live in peace. In cosmopolitan Palermo, minarets rise beside church towers, the Norman king keeps a harem, and Muslims work with Christian clerics to recover classic texts. Here Martin meets Khalil al-Din, the Arab scholar who will change his life. As their stories unfold, the three friends struggle against both the evil of the cult and the oppressive prohibitions of their time. Their intimate stories bring to life an epic age whose conflicts closely parallel our own.
- Author BiographyRichard Devlin is a writer and artist who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has had fifteen solo exhibitions of his paintings in California and Pennsylvania, where for many years he was chair of the Art Department at Carlow University. A published art critic, he has been a lover of medieval art and architecture since boyhood, making secular pilgrimages over the years to Romanesque and Gothic churches and monasteries in France, England, Italy, Spain, and Germany. But it was a journey to Sicily and his discovery of its rich and varied past that inspired The Cult, the first novel of The Abraxas Chronicles.
- Author(s)Richard Devlin
- PublisherRichard Devlin
- Date of Publication19/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRichard Devlin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.