All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the cultural identity of Europe? Are there specifically European values? Questions like these are at the centre of a considerable number of political and scholarly debates in contemporary Europe. In this international best-seller, a group of acclaimed thinkers - including Orlando Patterson, S. N. Eisenstadt, Mark Mazower and Wolfgang Schluchter - examine the most important invations and culturally vital value traditions of Europe to produce an image of contemporary European self-understanding. The volume combines two possible approaches, examining both specific cultural traditions ('Athens and Jerusalem') and specific values ('freedom'; 'rationality'). Boasting some of the leading thinkers in Europe and edited by Hans Joas and Klaus Wiegandt, The Cultural Values of Europe will be required reading for anyone hoping to understand the common cultural ground in Europe.
- Author BiographyHans Joas is director of the Max Weber Center at the University of Erfurt and professor of sociology and social thought at the University of Chicago. Klaus Wiegandt is founder and CEO of Forum fur Verantwortung.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Content Note8 figures, 2 black & white tables
- Weight573 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byHans Joas,Klaus Wiegandt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.