The Current Role of Geological Mapping in Geosciences: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Innovative Applications of GIS in Geological Cartography, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland, 24-26 November 2003 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2005)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe book contains private views of experts from various countries on the role of geological mapping in sustainable development. New techlogies and concepts are presented, which are either awaiting for recognition by Geological Surveys, or are gradually applied in some survey. The target of the book is well worded in the Summary and recommendations elaborated by the Ad Hoc Committee at the Advanced Research Workshop on Invative Geological Cartography, held under NATO sponsorship in Poland in November 2003. After the Summaries were issued by the end of 2003, the authors who presented their views at the Workshop, gave a revised version of their papers with more new ideas and material. Generally, the book is addressed to cartographers in Geological Surveys, geologists and geographers co-operating with landuse planners, ecologists and decision makers, who may learn about the state-of-the-art and the ermous information potential of the modern information techlogies in Geosciences. The book, however, gives methodological recipes but, as it was the authors' intention, may and shall be used as a guide-book in modernizing Information Techlogies at the local, regional and national levels in Geosciences.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleNATO Science Series IV
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 56
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight474 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byStanislaw R. Ostaficzuk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.