All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Boston Red Sox's loss to the New York Yankees in the final game of last year's playoffs has been called ?the game of the century, ? evidence that the rivalry between the Red Sox and the Yankees is hotter than ever. In the wake of that defeat, author and Boston Globe sports columnist Dan Shaughnessy has updated his bewitching story of the curse that has lain over the Red Sox since they sold Babe Ruth to the hated Yankees in 1920. Here he sheds light on classic Sox debacles?from Johnny Pesky's so- called hesitation throw, to the horrifying dribbler that slithered between Bill Buckner's legs, to last year's stunning extra-inning home run that kept the Sox without a World Championship for yet ather year. Lively and filled with anecdotes, this is baseball folklore at its best.
- Author BiographyDan Shaughnessy is a sports columnist for the Boston Globe. He is the author of numerous books on Boston s rich sports history, including Ever Green: The Story of the Boston Celtics and One Strike Away.
- Author(s)Dan Shaughnessy
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight177 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.