All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.39
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $12.66Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen-year-old amateur scientist Jason Hirley just received his inheritance: a family curse threatening to wipe out humanity. As heirlooms go, this one sucks. Jason's ancestor, naturalist James Hirley, stole a crystal bird from an Amazonian edifice mound. His crime was punished with a terrible prophecy: the world will reel under a devastating illness unless his descendants return the crystal to its rightful place. One hundred and fifty years later, the prophecy comes to pass. Spread by exotic bird smuggling, Arara fever is on the verge of reaching pandemic levels. Those infected die gruesome, painful deaths. Jason and his family have a chance to find a cure for Arara, presuming they can find the edifice mound lost deep in the Amazon jungle. Standing in Jason's way is self-centered Cockney thief Roly, who possesses James Hirley's only surviving map. Roly's t interested in saving the world, only in money, as are the pharmaceutical company thugs who see an Arara cure as a goldmine. Other than these obstacles, all that lies between Jason and breaking the curse are several hundred miles of dense Amazonian jungle. Yeah, ending The Curse of the Crystal Kuatzin should be a snap. . . .
- Author BiographyJan H. Landsberg is a research scientist working for a state fish and wildlife agency. She received her doctorate in biology from the University of London. Born in London's east end, Jan has also lived in Devon, Israel, North Carolina, and Florida. Although she grew up in the big city she has a lifelong passion for animals and nature. Jan has written numerous scientific articles on aquatic animal health and environmental science. The Curse of the Crystal Kuatzin is her first novel.
- Author(s)Jan H Landsberg
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.