All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionIs the Holy Pail cursed? Every owner of the vintage Chappy Wheeler lunchbox–a prototype based on the 1940s TV western–has died. And w Sterling Price, business tycoon and a client of Odelia Grey's law firm, has been fatally poisoned. Is it a coincidence that Price's one-of-a-kind lunch pail–worth over thirty grand–has disappeared at the same time? Treading cautiously since a recent run-in with a bullet, Odelia takes small bites of this juicy, calorie-free mystery–and is soon raveus for more! Her research reveals a sixty-year-old unsolved murder and Price's gold-digging ex-fiancée with two married men wrapped around her breasts . . . uh, finger. Mix in a surprise marriage proposal that sends an uncertain Odelia into chocolate sedation, and you've got an unruly recipe for delicious disaster. Click here to download Book Club Questions for The Curse of the Holy Pail, prepared by author Sue Ann Jaffarian! Praise: I'd like to spend more time with Sue Ann Jaffarian's Odelia. —The New York Times Plus-size paralegal Odelia Grey gets more than she bargained for when she accepts an unusual gift from a favorite client...Jaffarian plays the formula with finesse, keeping love problems firmly in the background while giving her heroine room to use her ample wit and grit. —Kirkus Reviews Jaffarian offers the perfectly flawed alternative for readers sick and tired of picture-perfect characters. —Booklist Odelia Grey is a keeper. —Library Journal Jaffarian's writing is sharp and sassy–like her protagonist–and she kws how to keep the suspense high. —Mystery Scene I have enjoyed both books in the series. Odelia is a resourceful woman, and I didn't chafe at her amateur sleuthing. The book has an inspired cookie recipe. —Deadly Pleasures Even better than her first...a major hoot! —Thomas B. Sawyer, bestselling author of The Sixteenth Man, former head writer/producer of Murder, She Wrote Odelia Gray is a wonderful addition to the mystery genre, a smart, funny, engaging plus-size heroine who takes readers on a plus-size ride. You root for her, laugh with her and cheer at her ultimate triumph. If I were in trouble, I'd want Odelia on my side. —Denise Hamilton, Edgar and Willa Cather Award-finalist and national bestselling author of Prisoner of Memory More fun than a lunch pail full of plump paralegals, The Curse of the Holy Pail is a tale as bouncy as its bodacious protagonist. —Bill Fitzhugh, author of Highway 61 and Resurfaced With a legendary curse, a possibly murderous little person, ruthless heirs, [and] charismatic thugs... a lively caper that will keep you guessing right till the end. —Kris Neri, award-winning author of the Tracy Eaton mysteries A funny read, with off the wall characters, a twisty plot and t a surplus calorie to be had. Recommended. —Bookbitch.com Well written and nicely paced, this is a good beach or airplane read. —Cycling.Finial.com Big women of the world, hang on to your hats, you're going to love Sue Ann Jaffarian's plus-sized Odelia Grey, amateur sleuth. This is funny, sexy, romantic, you name it, all wrapped up in one great mystery. —Cozylibrary.com
- Author BiographySue Ann Jaffarian is a full-time paralegal who lives and works in Los Angeles. A member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters In Crime, Sue Ann is the author of three mystery series—Odelia Grey, Ghost of Granny Apples, and Madison Rose—and also writes general fiction and short stories. She is widely sought after as a motivational and humorous speaker. For the most up-to-date list of all Sue Ann's activities, visit the calendar page at www.sueannjaffarian.com. *** Sue Ann Jaffarian never fails to make me chuckle with her three mystery series starring paralegal Odelia Grey, ghost Granny Apples, and now Murder in Vein, starring friendly, and not-so-friendly, neighborhood vampires. —Joanne Fluke, New York Times bestselling author of the Hannah Swensen Mysteries
- Author(s)Sue Ann Jaffarian
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width131 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.