Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Damned United is directed by Tom Hooper (John Adams, Longford, Elizabeth I), and adapted for the screen by Peter Morgan ( The Queen , The Last King of Scotland , Frost/Nixon ) from the bestselling and critically acclaimed vel by David Peace, The Damned United stars Michael Sheen ( The Deal , The Queen , Frost/Nixon ) as the legendary, opinionated football manager Brian Clough with Timothy Spall ( Secrets and Lies , Sweeney Todd , The Last Samurai ) as his right-hand man, only friend, and crutch Peter Taylor. Overachieving and eccentric football manager Brian Clough was on his way to take over at the country's most successful, and most reviled football club: Leeds United, home to a generation of fiercely competitive but ageing players. The battle he'd face there would make or break the club - or him. David Peace's extraordinarily inventive vel tells the story of a world characterised by fear of failure and hunger for success set in the bleak heart of the 1970s.
- Author BiographyDavid Peace - named in 2003 as one of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists - was born and brought up in Yorkshire. He is the author of the Red Riding Quartet (Nineteen Seventy Four, Nineteen Seventy Seven, Nineteen Eighty and Nineteen Eighty Three) which has been adapted into a three part Channel 4 series that aired in Spring 2009, GB84 which was awarded the James Tait Black Memorial Award, and The Damned Utd, the film version of which (adapted by Peter Morgan and starring Michael Sheen) was released in Spring 2009. Tokyo Year Zero, the first part of his acclaimed Tokyo Trilogy, was published in 2007, and the second part, Occupied City, in 2009.
- Author(s)David Peace
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date11/04/2017
- Weight282 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementTelevision tie-in ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.