All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot a traditional autobiography composed of a chrological recounting of memories, Dance of Realityrepaints events from Jodorowsky's life from the perspective of an unleashed imagination. Like the psychomagic and metagenealogy therapies he created, this autobiography exposes the mythic models and family templates upon which the events of everyday life are founded. It reveals the development of Jodorowsky's realization that all problems are rooted in the family tree and explains, through vivid examples from his own life, particularly interactions with his father and mother, how the individual's road to true fulfilment means casting off the phantoms projected by parents on their children. Dance of Realityis autobiography as an act of healing. Through the retelling of his own life, the author shows we do t start off with our own personalities, they are given to us by one or more members of our family tree. To be born into a family, Jodorowsky says, is to be possessed. To peer back into our past is equivalent to digging into our own souls. If we can dig deep eugh, beyond familial projections, we shall find an inner light--a light that can help us through life's most difficult tests. Offering a glimpse into the mind and life of one of the most creative and enigmatic visionaries of our time, Dance of Realityis the book upon which Jodorowsky's critically acclaimed 2013 Cannes Film Festival film of the same name was based.
- Author BiographyAlejandro Jodorowsky is a filmmaker who made the legendary cult films El Topo and The Holy Mountain. His most recent film, The Dance of Reality, debuted at the Cannes Film Festival in 2013. He is the author of more than 20 books, including Psychomagic, The Way of Tarot, and Metagenealogy. He lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Alejandro Jodorowsky
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPark Street Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIncludes 8-page color insert and 29 b&w plates
- Weight591 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.