Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if a doctor could stop cancer by targeting a single malignant cell before it multiplied? Imagine a paper-thin power suit that could keep you warm on a winter day? What about a computer that connects directly with your thoughts? In this groundbreaking exploration of the future of natechlogy, Ted Sargent reveals how all disciplines of science, from medicine to microchips, are converging to create materials using the tiniest scale possible -- molecule by molecule. And instead of trying to overcome the natural world, natech takes its every move from the perfect, elegant structure of nature itself. Its potential is seemingly endless, with practical implications that will revolutionize the way we live, work, and play. In an age when science often evokes more fear than faith, when the potential for superviruses and diabolical cloning looms in our consciousness, Sargent enthusiastically illuminates natech's positive possibilities. By working with the tiniest building blocks in nature, pioneering scientists will drastically improve the quality of life for all of us.
- Author BiographyTed Sargent is visiting professor of nanotechnology at MIT. In 2003, Sargent was named to Technology Review magazine's TR100 : a group of 100 of the world's top young innovators whose work will shape how we live and work in the future. His research breakthroughs have been widely reported in magazines such as Wired, BusinessWeek, and National Geographic. He lives in Cambridge, MA.
- Author(s)Ted Sargent
- PublisherThunder's Mouth Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThunder's Mouth Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.