All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Englishwoman Kore Arabin has inherited a remote Greek island from her father. The supersitious islanders blame Kore for every mishap and natural disaster. Sir Edward Leithen and Vern Milburne must save her before the islanders sacrifice her as a witch in the sacred ground called The Dancing Floor.
- Author BiographyOne of Alfred Hitchcock's favourite writers, John Buchan was a Scottish diplomat, barrister, journalist, historian, poet and novelist. He published nearly 30 novels and seven collections of short stories. He was born in Perth, an eldest son, and studied at Glasgow and Oxford. In 1901 he became a barrister of the Middle Temple and a private secretary to the High Commissioner for South Africa. In 1907 he married Susan Charlotte Grosvenor and they subsequently had four children. After spells as a war correspondent, Lloyd George's Director of Information and Conservative MP, Buchan moved to Canada in 1935. He served as Governor General there until his death in 1940.
- Author(s)John Buchan
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1926
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Content Note1 map
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.