All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second of two volumes describing the Danube Cycle route, a 1717km cycle ride following the lower part of the Danube, Europe's second longest river. This guidebook describes the route from the vibrant Hungarian capital of Budapest through Hungary, Croatia, Serbia and Romania to the river's delta on the shores of the Black Sea. The cycling is generally level with a few gentle gradients, mostly on quiet country roads or riverside flood dykes. The 32 stages vary from 30-100km, with some longer excursions and surfaces are mostly asphalt and in good condition, suitable for hybrid or touring cycles. Cycling infrastructure is generally good in Hungary, Croatia and Serbia. In Romania, where there is waymarking and often long distances between places to sleep and eat, this guidebook gives a detailed route description, maps for each stage at a cycle-friendly a scale of approximately 1:150,000 and a listing of all places offering accommodation. En route you will see spectacular gorges, medieval fortresses, poignant memorials to the recent Yugoslav civil war, vineyard-clad hillsides and rural areas where crops are still planted and harvested by hand and the main means of transport is the horse and cart. Off-route excursions enable short visits to be made to Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine and the Danube delta.
- Author BiographyMike Wells has been a keen long-distance walker and cyclist for over 20 years. Mike has cycled the C2C route across northern England as well as the Camino and Ruta de la Plata to Santiago de la Compostela. He has completed an end to end traverse of Cuba, a circumnavigation of Iceland and a trip across Lapland to the North Cape.
- Author(s)Mike Wells
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Noteincludes 94 colour photos and 131 route maps
- Weight310 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Most relevant reviews
- braudanello31 Aug, 2017by
Great book for our cycle trip,.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.