All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionNeuroscientists have made huge advances in our understanding of the brain, and yet as scientists learn more, paradoxes arise. How does the brain-a material substance-relate to and produce nmaterial thoughts and emotions? What explains the research showing that n-rational, unconscious experiencing can sometimes be more accurate than deliberate, conscious thought? The resolution of these paradoxes has important implications for all the helping fields, suggesting new approaches to mind-brain-body change. By weaving together Eastern traditions (including Yoga, Buddhism, Zen, and Daoism) and Western science, new understandings previously t considered emerge. The Dao of Neuroscience is an insightful introduction to these traditions which sheds new light on the relationship between the mind and the brain. Dao is an ancient Eastern method, a Way or Path for exploring and learning. From the Eastern perspective, everything has its Dao, its Way, even the brain. As we learn the Dao of neuroscience, we come to understand the brain's most optimal ways of functioning and how to facilitate its natural processes toward health, happiness, and fulfillment.
- Author BiographyC. Alexander Simpkins, PhD, is a psychologist in private practice, and, with Annellen M. Simpkins, is the author of twenty-four books. Together they study and research mind and brain, teach meditation and hypnosis in seminars and workshops, and live in San Diego. Annellen M. Simpkins, PhD, is a psychologist in private practice who with her husband C. Alexander Simpkins specializes in study and research of mind and brain. Together they teach widely on meditation and hypnosis, have written twenty-four books, and live in San Diego.
- Author(s)Annellen M. Simpkins,C. Alexander Simpkins
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication25/05/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width211 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.