Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionOne of a series of reading books for children and young adults aged 11 and over who are struggling to read. Dark Man is a fiction series for older children and young adults who have a reading age of approximately 5 to 8. Each book features the character Dark Man, a shadowy, brooding loner who shuns society, living in the shadows. Recruited to play a part in a secret, cataclysmic struggle between good and evil, his continued mission is to seek out an artefact, a Golden Cup, which can channel limitless power and energy. Opposed to him, and also seeking to find this cup of power, is a sinister and corrupt organisation, The Shadow Masters. The book has a strong plot to engage the reader, however reluctant, and features dark evocative illustrations. The simple, carefully written text (under 400 words) focuses on the most common words, providing access for even the poorest readers. In The Dark Machine the Shadow Masters have called a machine from the Realm of Screams. The machine can do much harm. The Dark Man must find the machine before the Shadow Masters can use it. Software and teacher's support materials are also available.
- Author BiographyPeter Lancett is a recognised author for adults and older children. Following a long spell living in New Zealand, Peter returned to England to pursue his successful writing career.
- Author(s)Peter Lancett
- PublisherRansom Publishing
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDark Man
- Series Part/Volume NumberSet 3
- Place of PublicationWatlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRansom Publishing
- Content NoteBlack and White
- Weight66 g
- Width128 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.