All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe remote community of Storway in the Hebrides is the setting for a striking first vel by Anne MacLeod. An ambitious and best-selling first vel, it centres on a group of friends whose lives are changed irrevocably by the First World War, Iain Murray is charismatic, selfish and charming, and his war poetry makes him a cult figure; Calum is the talented musician whose crippled leg keeps him out of the army; John-Angus is the incent who becomes a war hero and Mairi, the pivotal character, and daughter of the island's draper who loves Calum, shocks the community when she becomes pregnant by Iain. But also pregnant by Iain is the girl Iain really loves - Dulcie. When a Channel 4 producer finds a copy of Iain's poems and learns he was the hero of a war film, The Dark Ship, she travels to Scotland to interview the only survivor, John-Angus, and learns the tangled story of their lives. The sinking of the lolaire is the powerful climax of this modern love saga.
- Author BiographyAnne grew up, and lives, in Inverness where she works as a doctor. An acclaimed poet, 'Standing by Thistles' was shortlisted for the Saltire award and the First Book of the Year Award in 1997. She is also a winner of the Neil Gunn prize.
- Author(s)Anne MacLeod
- PublisherNeil Wilson Publishing
- Date of Publication19/04/2002
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.