All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetrayal! Corruption! Software engineering? Industry experts Johann Rost and Robert L. Glass explore the seamy underbelly of software engineering in this timely report on and analysis of the prevalance of subversion, lying, hacking, and espionage on every level of software project management. Based on the authors' original research and augmented by frank discussion and insights from other well-respected figures, The Dark Side of Software Engineering goes where other management studies fear to tread -- a corporate environment where schedules are fabricated, trust is betrayed, millions of dollars are lost, and there is a serious need for the kind of corrective action that this book ultimately proposes.
- Author BiographyJohann Rost has worked in the software industry for twenty years. He has taught at the University of Applied Science at Bingen, Germany, and at Politehnica University at Bucharest, Romania. Robert L. Glass is the author of twenty-eight books on computing subjects, including the bestselling Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering. He has written nearly one hundred articles on computing subjects and has served as a columnist for three leading publications Communications of the ACM ( The Practical Programmer ), IEEE Software ( The Loyal Opposition ), and Information Systems Management ( Through a Glass, Darkly ).
- Author(s)Johann Rost,Robert L. Glass
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note, black & white tables
- Weight482 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.