All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Chris is an astronaut. A very busy astronaut. Saving the planet from aliens is much more important than taking baths or going to bed. Because at bedtime the worst sort of alien appears - darkness. But when Chris watches the first televised moon landing, he discovers that there is a dark out in Space that is much darker than he's used to. It's the darkest dark ever, and he realises that the unkwn can be ...exciting! The Darkest Dark is the debut picture book by Commander Chris Hadfield, international bestselling author of An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, with spectacular illustrations by illustration team, The Fan Brothers. Inspired by Chris's decision to become an astronaut after watching the Apollo 11 moon landing at age nine, The Darkest Dark is an inspiring story about facing your fears and following your dreams. Awarded as a Junior Library Guild Selection in the United States for autumn 2016.
- Author BiographyChris Hadfield is one of the world's most seasoned and accomplished astronauts, and is the author of the number one international bestseller, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, and You Are Here: Around the World in 92 Minutes. The top graduate of the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School in 1988 and U.S. Navy test pilot of the year in 1991, Hadfield was selected by the Canadian Space Agency to be an astronaut in 1992. He was CAPCOM for twenty-five Shuttle launches and served as Director of NASA Operations in Star City, Russia, Chief of Robotics for the NASA Astronaut Office in Houston, and Chief of International Space Station Operations. Hadfield served as Commander of the International Space Station where, while conducting a record-breaking number of scientific experiments and overseeing an emergency spacewalk, he gained worldwide acclaim for his breathtaking photographs and educational videos about life in space. His music video, a zero-gravity version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, has received more than 30 million views online. His TED talk, delivered in March 2014, has been viewed almost four million times. The Darkest Dark is Chris's first picture book. Terry Fan received his formal art training at Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto. His work is a blend of traditional and contemporary techniques, using ink or graphite mixed with digital. He spends his days (and nights) creating magical paintings, portraits and prints. Together with his brother Eric, he wrote and illustrated the critically-acclaimed picture book, The Night Gardener. Eric Fan is an artist and writer who lives in Toronto, Canada. He attended the Ontario College of Art and Design where he studied illustration, sculpture and film. He has a passion for vintage bikes, clockwork contraptions and impossible dreams. His widely-praised debut picture book, The Night Gardener, was a collaboration with his brother Terry.
- Author(s)Chris Hadfield
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight572 g
- Width280 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)The Fan Brothers
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.84Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $27.77
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.52
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $11.52
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $8.33Trending at AU $13.91
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $13.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.