Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe Darkness behind Me pursues Jack Bishop, a young professional consumed with the tion that his life could be better. From a broken home, he's been a scholarship athlete with high marks thrust into a high-profile job. His marriage isn't eugh for him, and his involvement with a beautiful assistant finds him caught up in corporate espionage and murder. Unaware of his mistress's secret life, he begins an affair that leads the police to suspect him of his boss's murder and being complicit in the death of one of his colleagues. In pursuit of the evil that hides within the company, Jack risks his life to bring some of the most powerful people to justice. But privilege has a long reach. Fired and living with someone else's wife, he soon learns that she is t what she seems. Involved in a far-reaching plot that affects the US Navy and the Chinese, she breaks off the affair. His fall from grace leads him into back rooms and pool halls, where he begins a life away from the corporate glare only to be used by his former assistant to deliver a deadly message. The message results in Jack and his friends becoming the killer's targets and suspects of murder. Given a second chance, Jack tries to rebuild his life only to be denied by the one person he actually loves. In a plethora of bad choices, Jack leaves for the riot-torn city of Detroit on July 23, 1967. In the end, he is left listening to the sobbing in the darkness behind him.
- Author(s)T J Shannon
- Date of Publication14/03/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.