The Dash Diet for Weight Loss: Lose Weight and Keep It Off--The Healthy Way--With America's Most Respected Diet by Megan C Murphy, Thomas J Moore, Mark Jenkins (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionNoted physician Thomas J. Moore, M.D., presents the ultimate guide to the revolutionary DASH diet. Based on nearly twenty years of scientific research by doctors at Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Duke, and more, the DASH diet has been proven to lead to sustainable weight loss--and to prevent and reduce high blood pressure; lower bad cholesterol; and reduce the risk of stroke, kidney disease, heart attack, and even colon cancer. Originally designed as a diet for reducing high blood pressure, the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) will help you lose and keep weight off with the perfect meal plan to meet your dietary and caloric needs. Rated the #1 diet by U.S. News & World Report in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, the DASH diet includes gimmicky foods--instead, those on the diet eat low-salt meals including whole grains; eggs, fish, and chicken; nuts, fruits, and vegetables; lower-fat dairy products; and even desserts. The book's practical 28-day menu planner provides an easy-to-use roadmap on how to get started, with tasty recipes for a variety of dishes. (Try the Cobb salad, shrimp Scampi, or apples in caramel sauce.) The book also features stories from people who have lost weight on the DASH diet--and kept it off for years. Tired of ineffective fad diets? The DASH Diet for Weight Loss can show you how to shed pounds and feel healthier by following a tried-and-true research-based approach. Features included extensive, easy-to-follow meal plans (for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike) as well as practical tools and advice that will help you: * Calculate and meet calorie targets and learn what counts as a serving * Add exercise to ramp up your fitness * Keep a food log and plan a menu * Adapt your favorite recipes for a healthier lifestyle * Maintain your weight loss over time Endorsed by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the American Heart Association (AHA), this natural and affordable program is designed for long-lasting results. Start today to begin your lifetime of health. *** START THE DASH DIET THE EASY WAY WITH ONE OF OUR SIMPLE, SUBSTANTIAL MEAL PLANS: 1,600 CALORIES Target: 6 grain, 4 fruit, 4 vegetable, 2 dairy, 11/2 meat, 1/4 nuts/seeds/legumes, 1 added fat, 1/2 sweets BREAKFAST (340 CALORIES) 1 Low-Fat Blueberry Muffin (see recipe), 2 grain (200 calories) 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 fruit (30 calories) 1 cup low-fat milk, 1 dairy (110 calories) MORNING SNACK (160 CALORIES) 1 cup sliced mango, 2 fruit (110 calories) 3/4 ounce (1 small slice) low-fat cheddar cheese, 1/2 dairy (50 calories) LUNCH (325 CALORIES) 1 Cobb Salad (see recipe), 4 vegetable, 1/2 dairy, 1/2 meat, 1 added fat (225 calories) 1 small chocolate chip grala bar, 1 grain (100 calories) AFTERNOON SNACK (160 CALORIES) Ants on a log 4 celery sticks (5 inches each), 1 vegetable (5 calories) 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 nuts/seeds/legumes (100 calories) 2 tablespoons raisins, 1/2 fruit (55 calories)
- Author BiographyDr. Thomas J. Moore is the founder of the DASH for Health program and Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine and Associate Provost for the Boston University Medical Campus. His research team at Harvard Medical School worked with other teams at Johns Hopkins, Duke, Pennington Research Institute, and the University of Oregon to design the DASH diet and prove its benefits. Megan C. Murphy, MPH, earned her Master's degree in Public Health at Boston University, where she focused her studies on how people make health and lifestyle choices. She has served as the Program Manager of the DASH for Health program since its inception in 2002, helping people make healthy choices every day.
- Author(s)Mark Jenkins,Megan C Murphy,Thomas J Moore
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.