All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe date palm has come of age. Cultivated for millennia in the arid regions of the world, from the Atlantic Ocean across North Africa, the importance of the date palm is being rediscovered. Its value as the sustaining pillar of market gardens in marginal agricultural communities cant be overemphasized. As a tree that has emerged from ancient history into the modern world, the date palm is eliciting a great deal of interest in fields as diverse as biotechlogy and international marketing. This book provides expert contributions on the full range of topics pertaining to the date palm, from its archaeology, cultivation and traditional uses, to biotech applications in modern propagation methods and disease control. It provides a thorough overview for any reader wanting to gain insight into this industry, from its ancient roots to its modern day practices.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR) is based in Abu Dhabi.
- Author(s)Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
- PublisherThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Date of Publication18/06/2004
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies & Research
- Weight1002 g
- Width156 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byEmirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.