Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParis Armstrong never saw it coming. With two grown children and a lovely home in Connecticut, Paris was happy with her marriage, her family, her life. So when her husband of twenty-four years said they needed to talk, Paris couldn't imagine what he was about to say. I want a divorce, Peter tells her. Just like that, the husband she adored had dumped her for a younger woman. And just like that, Peter and his thirty-one-year-old lover had made their plans for their future, leaving Paris to pick up the pieces of a shattered life. Within days, Peter was gone. And Paris was left to figure out how she intended to get through the next day, let alone the rest of her life. The task could t have been more painful. First came the tears. Then the excruciating attempts by well-meaning friends to fix her up with men who paled in comparison to Peter. Worse yet, she still loved him. Finally, Paris realized she was in a fight for her very survival. Drastic measures were called for. Even her shrink agreed. It was time to move - as far away as possible, just after Peter remarried. Paris had never felt, or been, more alone. Saying goodbye to the world she knew and loved, Paris heads west, to San Francisco, and discovers being single in a world full of men who were too young, too old, too married, or too good to be true. For Paris, the list seemed endless ...the charming commitment-phobe ...the drunken Neanderthal ...the young Frenchman - so adorably sexy she almost forgot about his age, and did, for a while. With her dating track record veering between disappointing and disastrous, and her daughter w engaged to a man Paris's age, Paris finally comes to the conclusion that romance is t in her future. That's when her small circle of offbeat, loving friends becomes more important than ever before. And a decision Paris makes only for herself changes her life once more. The secret, she discovers finally, is in finding the gifts in life's unexpected twists and turns, and turning despair into freedom and loss into joy. In a poignant, wickedly funny vel about getting dumped and getting over it, about tackling life with both courage and laughter, Danielle Steel explores what it means to start over, whether you wanted to or t, and finding something better than you had before.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steel is one of the world's most popular and highly acclaimed authors, with over ninety international bestselling novels in print and more than 600 million copies of her novels sold. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina's life and death; A Gift of Hope, a memoir of her work with the homeless; and Pure Joy, about the dogs she and her family have loved. To discover more about Danielle Steel and her books visit her website at www.daniellesteel.com You can also connect with Danielle on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DanielleSteelOfficial or on Twitter: @daniellesteel
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight237 g
- Width106 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- nanpau0126 Jan, 2017by
Danielle steel book
A very good and compelling book to read and nice size printing.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.