All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionLinking Science and Science History with Culture - Essential Science for the Non-scientist. The Davey Dialogues is an easy-to-understand history and background to key discoveries which have altered our perception of the universe and of ourselves, couched as a dialogue between the writer and a mysterious extra-terrestrial being with an agenda that may surprise you. Now, for the first time ever, we can delight in a coherent story about us and our universe. What the physicists and the philosophers, the ecomists and the ecologists, the anthropologists and the animal behaviouralists, the religious historians, the neuroscientists and the biochemists are telling us by and large falls into place to provide a consistent story of the development of the universe and of humanity. Of course the story is t yet complete. There is much more yet to discover and understand, but the outlines are there in ample detail. The dialogues provide background on the historical development of carefully selected scientific topics which are important to our understanding of ourselves and our surroundings. Amongst the questions discussed are: What do we kw about our universe and how did we find out? How do we kw how old it is, and, for that matter, how far away individual stars and galaxies are? How might life have originated? How does life replicate and change over time? How did religion evolve and why? To what extent do our brains resemble computers? How do we remember faces, facts and figures, and how do we think laterally? Do we have a free will? What is happiness and how can we maximize it? [A] rich, intelligent . . important book . . . clearly written. J. Fraser Mustard, CC, Founding President, The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. For more information please visit the web site at: www.thedaveydialogues.com
- Author(s)John C Madden
- PublisherStc Enterprises Inc.
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStc Enterprises Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.