All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Day the Calf Ate the Chocolate Cake shares an aspect of the simple life of the past growing up on a farm. It s a story with words longer part of many vocabularies like cattle guard, handkerchief, and saucer so it builds children s awareness and understanding of history. It s the story of a little girl who helps her parents overcome a hardship. She is a hero.
- Author BiographyRachel Campbell Deddens wrote The Day the Calf Ate the Chocolate Cake as a tribute to her daughter, Margaret, who loved visiting the family farm where Rachel grew up. Raised in Amherst County, Virginia, Rachel now lives in Lynchburg, where she enjoys reading to her two grandsons and hopes they will enjoy reading about Margaret s childhood adventures. She is a graduate of Randolph-Macon Woman s College, a local historian with twenty-plus years in the museum field, and a culinary historian with a self-published guide to open-hearth cooking, and two self-published children s books, one a tribute to her son, Jonathan.
- Author(s)Rachel Campbell Deddens
- PublisherMorgan James Kids
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleChildren
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Kids
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight79 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.