All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a short, practical, step-by-step guide designed to justify, inspire and support the whole process of clearing out the sheer amount of stuff that schools accumulate. The DeCluttered School is about enhancing life, and ultimately learning, from an environmental wellness perspective. The book is a short, practical, step-by-step guide designed to justify, inspire and support the whole process of clearing out the sheer amount of stuff that schools accumulate. Children can't move freely around rooms and often have to remain desk bound as their learning spaces are so crammed with ancient display, broken furniture and stored paraphernalia. Cleaners everywhere complain they can't do their job properly because they can't get round schools to clean under, behind, or on top of things any more. And absenteeism frequently occurs due to respiratory problems resulting from the fact that schools are dirty and parasites commonplace. Everyone in school deserves to be valued and urished by their environment, instead of being depleted and undermined as is often the case today. The time is right for people to ackwledge that school settings matter: there is an awareness of this issue and a willingness to deal with it. This book is intended as a solution, t part of the overload that has caused much of the problem in the first place. As Michael Fullan says, 'No more projectitus'. The DeCluttered School will inspire schools to clear up and encourage them to make the message part of the school ethos.
- Author BiographyJane C Anderson has been involved in education and training in various settings for over 28 years. She has designed and delivers a distance learning Diploma in Personal Wellness for Newcastle College. She is a Reiki practitioner and a Feng Shui consultant, as well as being an established writer, columnist and speaker in the field of professional development and personal enquiry in relation to environment.
- Author(s)Jane C. Anderson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note6 bw illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.