All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping crime thriller from the two-time winner of the THEAKSTONS OLD PECULIER CRIME NOVEL OF THE YEAR AWARD. It seemed like just ather domestic: a woman bleeding from a head injury behind a smart front door in one of Glasgow's nicer suburbs. She insists she doesn't need help, and the well-dressed man with her assures journalist Paddy Meehan that everything is fine. But Paddy is t convinced. Especially when she is given a GBP50 te to keep the story out the papers. The next morning, the woman is dead. Paddy has the story of a lifetime - but will lose everything if word gets out about the bribe. And it seems the police have their own reasons for twisting the evidence. As Paddy pursues the dark and brutal truth, it could make her career - or end her life...
- Author BiographyDenise Mina is a critically acclaimed Glaswegian crime writer. Her novels includeThe End of the Wasp Season and Gods and Beasts, both of which won the prestigious Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year Award in consecutive years. Denise also writes short stories and in 2006 wrote her first play. She is a regular contributor to TV and radio. Find out more at www.denisemina.co.uk or follow her on Twitter @DameDeniseMina
- PrizesShortlisted for Edgar Allan Poe Awards: Best Novel Category 2007 and Anthony Awards: Best Novel 2007.
- Author(s)Denise Mina
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight278 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.