All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.02
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.55
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $10.70Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $28.20
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.72
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Jessa Crispin was thirty, she burned her settled Chicago life to the ground and took off for Berlin with a pair of suitcases and plan beyond leaving. Half a decade later, she's still on the road, in search t so much of a home as of understanding, a way of being in the world that demands neither constant struggle r complete surrender. The Dead Ladies Project is an account of that journey-but it's also much, much more. Fascinated by exile, Crispin travels an itinerary of key locations in its literary map, of places that have drawn writers who needed to break free from their origins and start afresh. As she reflects on William James struggling through despair in Berlin, Nora Barnacle dependent on and dependable for James Joyce in Trieste, Maud Gonne fomenting revolution and fostering myth in Dublin, or Igor Stravinsky starting over from thing in Switzerland, Crispin interweaves biography, incisive literary analysis, and personal experience into a rich meditation on the complicated interactions of place, personality, and society that can make escape and reinvention such an attractive, even intoxicating proposition.
- Author BiographyJessa Crispin is the editor and founder of the magazines Bookslut and Spolia. She has written for the New York Times, Guardian, Washington Post, Los Angeles Review of Books, NPR.org, the Chicago Sun-Times, Architect, and other publications. She has lived in Kansas, Texas, Ireland, Chicago, Berlin, and elsewhere. Amy McFadden has narrated over 200 titles in many different genres. She is an AudioFile Earphones Award winner and a 2014 Audie Award finalist in literary fiction. A founding member of Dog Story Theater, Amy lives in the Midwest, where she performs on stage, screen, and microphone.
- Author(s)Jessa Crispin
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Amy McFadden
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time507
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.