Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionGerhard Bast was found shot in an abandoned bunker in rthern Italy in April 1947. A middle-ranking SS officer and an early member of the Nazi Party, Bast had been on the run since the end of the war after being involved in atrocities in Slovakia. In attempting to piece together his father's life, Martin Pollack assembles the memories of family and friends, carefully reconstructing their lives. Pollack digs deeply into the archives and travels to the places important in the history of the Bast family and in his father's Nazi career. This is a provocative and devastating memoir which also reveals Europe's darkest past.
- Author BiographyMartin Pollack, born in Austria in 1944, is a highly acclaimed journalist, editor, writer and translator. The Dead Man in the Bunker is his third book, and the first to be published in English.
- Author(s)Martin Pollack
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight196 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byWilliam Hobson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.