All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dead Mother brings together original essays in hour of Andre Green. Written by distinguished psychoanalysts, the collection develops the theme of his most famous paper of the same title, and describes the value of the dead mother to other areas of clinical interest: psychic reality, borderline phemena, passions and identification. The concept of the 'dead mother' describes a clinical phemen, sometimes difficult to identify, but always present in a substantial number of patients. It describes a process by which the image of a living and loving mother is transformed into a distant figure; a toneless, practically inanimate, dead parent. In reality, the mother remains alive, but she has psychically 'died' for the child. This produces a depression in the child, who carries these feelings within him into adult life, as the experience of the loss of the mother's love is followed by the loss of meaning in life. Nothing makes sense any more for the child, but life seems to continue under the appearance of rmality. The Dead Mother is a valuable contribution to literature on psychoanalytic and psychotheraputic approaches to grief, loss and depression.
- Author BiographyGregorio Kohon is a Training Analyst at the British Psychoanalytical Society. He works in private practice in London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe New Library of Psychoanalysis
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.37
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGregorio Kohon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.