All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
About this product
- DescriptionPoliceman Peter Glebsky, heads on holiday to the Dead Mountaineer's Inn, a ski resort hotel in a small resort in a secluded valley in the Alps. On his arrival he meets the other guests: Mr. Moses, a rich old man with highly eccentric manners and his stunningly beautiful wife; Mr. du Barnstocre, an illusionist who is accompanied by Brun, his niece; Mr. Simonet, an obsessive physicist; Mr. Hinckus, a custodial attorney; and Olaf Andvarafors. Then an avalanche blocks them in and a dead body is discovered and it is up to Peter to find out who did it.
- Author Biography<b>ARKADY</b> (1925-1991) and <b>BORIS</b> (1933-2012) <b>STRUGATSKY</b> were the most acclaimed and beloved science fiction writers of the Soviet era. They are the authors of twenty-five novels together, including <i>Definitely Maybe, </i><i>Roadside Picnic</i> (which was the basis for Andrei Tarkovsky's film <i>Stalker)</i>; <i>Snail on the Slope</i>; and <i>Hard to Be a God</i>, as well as numerous short stories, essays, plays, and film scripts. Their books have been translated into multiple languages and published in twenty-seven countries. The asteroid 3054 Strugatskia, discovered in 1977, is named after the brothers. <b>JOSH BILLINGS </b>is a writer and translator who lives in Rockland, Maine. His translations of Alexander Pushkin's <i>Tales of Belkin</i> and Alexander Kuprin's <i>The Duel </i>have been published by Melville House. His recent writing has appeared in <i>The Collagist</i> and <i>The Literary Review</i>. He blogs at begborrowstijl.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Arkady Strugatsky,Boris Strugatsky
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleNeversink
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Weight226 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byJosh Billings
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.