All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNicknamed the Big Red One, 1st Division had fought from North Africa to Sicily, earning a reputation as stalwart warriors. Yet on D-Day, these veterans melded with fresh-faced replacements to accomplish one of the most challenging and deadly missions ever. As the men hit the beach their equipment was destroyed or washed away. Soldiers were cut down by the dozens. In this indepth study of that mission, McManus explores the heroes that survived as well as the Gap Assault Team engineers who dealt with the extensive mines and obstacles, suffering nearly a fifty percent casualty rate.
- Author Biography<b>John C. McManus </b>is the author of <i>Grunts</i>, <i>Alamo in the Ardennes</i>, and <i>September Hope: The American Side of a Bridge Too Far</i>. He earned a PhD in American and Military History from the University of Tennessee, where he served as Assistant Director of the Center for the Study of War and Society and was a Normandy Scholar. As a leading authority on the Normandy invasion, he holds a Cantigny First Division Museum Fellowship. He is currently a full professor of U.S. Military History at Missouri University of Science and Technology, where he teaches a variety of courses, including one on World War II and another on the Modern American Combat Experience. He also serves as the official historian for the United States Army's Seventh Infantry Regiment.
- Author(s)John C. McManus
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.