Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.48
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionLike Stephen King's The Stand before it, THE DEAD LANDS is an incredible vel set across the sprawling landscape of a nightmarish post-apocalyptic American West. The world we kw is gone, destroyed by a virus that wiped out nearly every human on the planet. Some few survivors built walled cities, fortresses to keep themselves safe from those the virus didn't kill...but did change. Sanctuary. A citadel in the heart of the former United States of America. Hundreds of miles in every direction beyond its walls lies thing but death and devastation. Everyone who lives in the safety Sanctuary provides kws that. Until the day a stranger appears. She speaks of a green and fertile land far to the west, a land of promise and plenty, safe from the ruin the virus has wreaked. She has come to lead the survivors away from Sanctuary, to the promise of a new life without walls. But those who follow her will discover that t everything she says is true.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Percy is the award-winning author of the novel, The Wilding (forthcoming from Graywolf, September 28, 2010), as well as two books of short stories, Refresh, Refresh (Graywolf, 2007) and The Language of Elk (Carnegie Mellon, 2006). Publishers Weekly gave The Wilding a starred review, saying Percy's excellent debut novel...digs into the ambiguous American attitude toward nature as it oscillates between Thoreau's romantic appreciation and sheer gothic horror... It's as close as you can get to a contemporary Deliverance. Percy's honors include a Whiting Writers Award, the Plimpton Prize, the Pushcart Prize, and inclusion in Best American Short Stories. His fiction and nonfiction appear in Esquire (where he is a regular contributor), Outside, Men's Journal, the Paris Review, Orion, Tin House, Ploughshares, Glimmer Train, and many other magazines and journals. He teaches in the MFA program at Iowa State and can be found online at benjaminpercy.com.
- Author(s)Benjamin Percy
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/03/2017
- Weight684 g
- Width167 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.