Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Rosie, a successful radio presenter, hears that her father has had a stroke, her life is thrown into disarray and she finds herself making reckless decisions that make little sense to those around her. As she strives towards building some kind of future for herself and her father, he quietly plots his own death ...Set on the east coast of Scotland, the vel covers events in the weeks following the stroke and the lives of this small cast of captivating but very real characters. Exploring the impact of memory and conscience, it tackles a family at a time of crisis, delving into the complexities of emotions and family history with compassion, humour and grace. In subtle, distinctive prose, alive with wit and verve, Sue Peebles has written a captivating, lovable and unusual vel - a domestic canvas where every detail counts.
- Author BiographySue Peebles was born in Scotland in 1954, but spent some of her childhood in Detroit. She currently lives in Fife and several years ago gave up a career in academia and social work to devote her time to writing fiction. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Sue Peebles
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Content Note-
- Weight460 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.