The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and His Son by Pat Conroy (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.39Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader s Circle for author chats and more. Pat Conroy s great success as a writer has always been intimately linked with the exploration of his family history. As the oldest of seven children who were dragged from military base to military base across the South, Pat bore witness to the often cruel and violent behavior of his father, Marine Corps fighter pilot Donald Patrick Conroy. While the publication of The Great Santini brought Pat much acclaim, the rift it caused brought even more attention, fracturing an already battered family. But as Pat tenderly chronicles here, even the oldest of wounds can heal. In the final years of Don Conroy s life, the Santini unexpectedly refocused his ire to defend his son s hor. The Death of Santini is a heart-wrenching act of reckoning whose ultimate conclusion is that love can soften even the meanest of men, lending significance to the oft-quoted line from Pat s vel The Prince of Tides In families there are crimes beyond forgiveness. Praise for The Death of Santini A brilliant storyteller, a master of sarcasm, and a hallucinatory stylist whose obsession with the impress of the past on the present binds him to Southern literary tradition. The Boston Globe A painful, lyrical, addictive read that [Pat Conroy s] fans won t want to miss. People Conroy s conviction pulls you fleetly through the book, as does the potency of his bond with his family, matter their sins. The New York Times Book Review Vital, large-hearted and often raucously funny. The Washington Post Conroy writes athletically and beautifully, slicing through painful memories like a point guard splitting the defense. Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Author BiographyPat Conroy (1945 2016) was the author of The Boo, The Water Is Wide, The Great Santini, The Lords of Discipline, The Prince of Tides, Beach Music, The Pat Conroy Cookbook: Recipes of My Life, My Losing Season, South of Broad, My Reading Life, and The Death of Santini. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Pat Conroy
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.