All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays by prominent scholars surveys the ways in which the Decalogue-the Ten Commandments-has been understood and appropriated from biblical times until today. With chapters devoted to major Christian thinkers-such as Aquinas, Barth, Calvin, Luther, Maimonides, and Wesley-the writers explore ways the Decalogue has provided theological, ethical, moral, and devotional reflection throughout many facets of religious thought. The pieces reveal both the continuities in interpretation through the centuries as well as ways in which individual theologians departed from reigning readings to develop new directions.
- Author BiographyJeffrey P. Greenman is Associate Dean of Biblical and Theological Studies and Professor of Christian Ethics at Wheaton College. Timothy Larsen is Carolyn and Fred McManis Professor of Christian Thought at Wheaton College.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/11/2012
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJeffrey P. Greenman,Timothy Larsen
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.