All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.50
- AU $13.67Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.18
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $17.69
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.32
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.30
- AU $30.76Trending at AU $35.67
About this product
- DescriptionIBM is in serious trouble. Big Blue, as the company is kwn, tends to rely on magical thinking for its success, but that magic ran out long ago.The trouble began back in the 1990s, and IBM had to hire, for the first time, an outside CEO. Lou Gerstner saved the day, pushing IBM into services with spectacular results, but t without consequence. As services became commoditized, IBM could compete only by offshoring the work. Quality suffered. In addition, Gerstner's compensation was very high, which impacted IBM negatively. In IBM's history only the Watson family struck it rich while running the company. Later CEOs, such as John Opel and John Akers, lived comfortable lives with many perks, but they weren't big rich. --that changed with Gerstner.IBM has essentially sacrificed both its customers and its employees in the name of earnings. The company has cut labor to the bone, outsourced as much as possible, and its products have dropped in quality. Acquisitions are deliberately underbid. These moves, combined with share buybacks, have kept earnings growing until recently, when the house of cards began to fall. IBM's current CEO, Ginni Rometty, has outlined an earnings goal for 2015, and she is t afraid to destroy the company to achieve it.This book outlines IBM's fall from grace, where the company is heading, and what can be done to save it before it's too late.
- PublisherMade for Success
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMade for Success
- Read byRobert X Cringely
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time210
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.