Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionGustav Meyrink is one of the most important and interesting authors of early 20th-century German Literature. To establish his reputation in the English-speaking world Dedalus has translated his five vels plus a collection of his short stories and published the first ever English-language biography of Meyrink. Now is the time to produce an overview of Meyrink in a single volume. The Dedalus Meyrink Reader has excerpts from all the translated books and a whole section of hitherto untranslated material, including the stories from the collection Flederm use and autobiographical articles. This volume is perfect companion for both the Meyrink scholar and the first-time Meyrink reader, containing as it does the whole gamut of Meyrink's writing from his love of the bizarre, the grotesque and the macabre to the spine-chilling occult tales and his quest to kw what is on the Other Side of the Mirror.Novelist, satirist, translator of Charles Dickens, dandy, man-about-time, fencer, rower, banker and mystic seer, there are many, sometimes contradictory aspects to Gustav Meyrink, who must also be the only velist to have challenged a whole army regiment to a duel. He has left behind a unique body of work, which can be sampled and enjoyed in The Dedalus Meyrink Reader.
- PublisherDedalus Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDedalus Ltd
- Weight336 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.