All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Deeds of Pope Incent III , composed before 1210 by an anymous member of the papal curia, provides a unique window into the activities, policies, and strategies of the papacy and the curia during one of the most important periods in the history of the medieval church. Incent III, who became pope in 1198 and reigned until 1216, has long been regarded as one of the most important popes in history. Though the discussion of Roman politics found in these pages is one of the most valuable sources available to us, never before has the work been translated into any modern language. It is a treasure of contemporary letters, arranged by the author to reinforce his interpretation of the events discussed. The results are new insights that will inspire both students and scholars.
- Author BiographyJames M. Powell is Professor Emeritus of Medieval History at Syracuse University. He is the author or editor of twelve books and has published numerous articles. His most recent books include Tolerance and Intolerance: Social Conflict in the Age of the Crusades and Innocent III: Vicar of Christ or Lord of the World? (CUA Press, 1994).
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.