Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>What if you did something unforgivable and had to live with it? This intimate, page-turning family drama for readers of Jodi Picoult explores the profound power of the truths we re scared to face . . . about our marriages, our children, and ourselves.</b> Eve Lattimore is barely keeping things together. Her husband works fifteen hundred miles away, leaving Eve to juggle singlehandedly the demands of their teenaged daughter and fragile son. Tyler was born with XP the so-called vampire disease: even one moment of sun exposure can have fatal consequences. So Eve does what any mother might do: she turns their home into a fortress. Every day, she watches the sun rise and fall, and keeps a close eye on her child. Friendships fall away. Her marriage is on the rocks. Her daughter s going through something but won t talk about it. Still, Eve believes that it s all a matter of time before a cure is found, and everything can resume its rmal course. Until the night she makes a terrible decision, and it s t only the sun she has to hide from. <b>Praise for <i>The Deepest Secret</i></b> A taut family drama . . . smart and thrilling. <b><i>People</i></b> Elegant, poignant, and utterly riveting . . . a suspenseful tale of love, forgiveness, and sacrifice that will leave you asking how far a mother really should go to protect her family and wondering about the cost of the secrets we all keep, even from ourselves. <b> Kimberly McCreight, <i>New York Times </i>bestselling author of <i>Reconstructing Amelia</i></b> Exceptionally moving and unrelentingly suspenseful . . . everything a great vel, and thriller, should be. <b><i> Providence Journal</i></b> Superb . . . The story offers the intricate suspense and surprise of a thriller, along with rich characterizations and nuanced writing. . . . A gripping read and a memorable reflection on the conflicting imperatives of love. <b><i>Publishers Weekly</i> (starred review)</b> Carla Buckley masterfully portrays an ordinary family trapped in a heart-wrenching crisis. <b> William Landay, <i>New York Times </i>bestselling author of <i>Defending Jacob</i></b> Fans of Jodi Picoult will enjoy this compelling blend of ripped-from-the-headlines suspense and close-to-your-heart characters. <b> Lisa Gardner, #1 <i>New York Times </i>bestselling author of <i>Fear Nothing</i></b><i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author Biography<b>Carla Buckley</b> is the author of <i>The Deepest Secret, Invisible, </i>and<i> The Things That Keep Us Here, </i>which was nominated for a Thriller Award as a best first novel and the Ohioana Book Award for fiction. She is a graduate of Oberlin College and the Wharton School of Business, and lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with her husband and three children. She is currently at work on her next novel, <i>The Good Goodbye</i>.
- Author(s)Carla Buckley
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight336 g
- Width132 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.