Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis new biography contains excerpts from interviews and articles by and about Curtis all the way from his teens in the Bronx to his death at 85 in 2010. Many of these are little kwn and provide insights into his complex relationship with fame, family and females, the three obsessions of his life. <br><br>The book also documents his many struggles with substance abuse, his disenchantment with Hollywood when it failed to take him seriously as an actor despite his best efforts, the violent deaths of his two brothers, the failure of four of his marriages, a heart attack, the death of a son from a drug overdose and, most importantly, the manner in which his resilient spirit saw him through these challenges and tragedies. It's a revisionist biography which adds significantly to the received wisdom on his life and times, t only through personal interviews but also revelations from two recent books t yet available in English, one written by his daughter Allegra and the other by his ex-wife Christine Kaufmann.
- Author BiographyAuthor and critic <strong>Aubrey Malone</strong> has written many books on the cinema. He lives in Dublin, Ireland.
- Author(s)Aubrey Malone
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.