All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Deleuze and Guattari Dictionary is a comprehensive and accessible guide to the world of Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, two of the most important and influential thinkers in twentieth-century European philosophy. Meticulously researched and extensively cross-referenced, this unique book covers all their major sole-authored and collaborative works, ideas and influences and provides a firm grounding in the central themes of Deleuze and Guattari's groundbreaking thought. Students and experts alike will discover a wealth of useful information, analysis and criticism. A-Z entries include clear definitions of all the key terms used in Deleuze and Guattari's writings and detailed sypses of their key works. The Dictionary also includes entries on their major philosophical influences and key contemporaries, from Aristotle to Foucault. It covers everything that is essential to a sound understanding of Deleuze and Guattari's philosophy, offering clear and accessible explanations of often complex termilogy. The Deleuze and Guattari Dictionary is the ideal resource for anyone reading or studying these seminal thinkers or Modern European Philosophy more generally.
- Author BiographyEugene B. Young has a PhD in Comparative Literature and Religion from Emory University and teaches Philosophy and English at Le Moyne College, USA. His work focuses on intersections between Deleuze and Blanchot in literature, philosophy, and film. With contributions by: Gary Genosko is Professor of Communication at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Toronto, Canada. He is editor of The Guattari Reader, Deleuze and Guattari: Critical Assessments (1996), and author of Baudrillard and Signs, Undisciplined Theory, and McLuhan and Baudrillard: The Masters of Implosion (1994). Janell Watson is Associate Professor of French at Virginia Tech University, USA. Her previous publications include Literature and Material Culture from Balzac to Proust (1999).
- Author(s)Eugene B. Young,Gregg Lambert
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Philosophy Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight469 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.