Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1998. In the safe haven of her London office--a room her husband jokingly calls The Delivery Room--Mira Braverman listens to the stories of her troubled patients. They include an aristocratic woman going through an intense infertility drama, an American journalist who is eager to have a baby and is on the lookout for a potential father, and an irritable divorce who likes to taunt Mira about her Serbian nationality. As the vel unfolds, Mira discovers she is t as distant from her patients' pain as she might once have been: her husband Peter struggles with illness, NATO's threats against her country grow more serious, and submerged truths from her own past seem likely to erupt. Compelling, complex, and always deeply human, The Delivery Room is an engaging examination of the incomplete understandings that course between therapist and patient, and a set of variations on the theme of motherhood--as well as a timely meditation on the meanings of wars fought from a distance, when ordinary citizens have to measure their personal griefs against the outrages experienced by those under attack.
- Author(s)Sylvia Brownrigg
- PublisherCounterpoint LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCounterpoint LLC
- Weight404 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.