All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming a caregiver for someone with Alzheimer's disease or ather neurocognitive disorder can be an unexpected, undesirable, underappreciated-and yet ble role. It is heartbreaking to watch someone lose the very cognitive capacities that once helped to define them as a person. But because of the nature of these disorders, the only way to become an effective caregiver and cope with the role's many daily challenges is to become well-informed about the disease. With the right information, resources and tips on caregiving and working with professionals, you can become your own expert at both caring for your charge and taking care of yourself. In these pages, Marc Agronin guides readers through a better understanding of the changes their loved one may be going through, and helps them tap into the various resources available to them as they embark on an uncertain caregiving journey. Insisting that a caregiver also maintain his or her own health and well being, Agronin guides caregivers in their efforts to provide care, but to also look to themselves as recipients of care from themselves and others. Shedding light on the debilitating disorders themselves as well as their everyday realities, this book is a much-needed resource for anyone caring for ather person suffering from Alzheimer's disease and other neurocognitive disorders.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Agronin, M.D., is a board-certified adult and geriatric psychiatrist who currently serves as the Vice President for Behavioral Health and Clinical Research at the Miami Jewish Health Systems, Florida's largest long-term care provider. He is also an Affiliate Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is a graduate of Harvard University and the Yale School of Medicine, and completed his training in psychiatry at McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Agronin is a nationally-recognized expert in late-life mental illness and was named the Clinician of the Year by the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry in 2008. He is a prolific author whose articles and blogs have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, and Scientific American Mind, and his work has been featured in the New York Times, The Today Show, CNN, and National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation and On Point. Agronin is the author of numerous articles and books in the field of psychiatry, including the acclaimed book How We Age: A Doctor's Journey into the Heart of Growing Old.
- Author(s)Marc E. Agronin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleGuides to Caregiving
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note8 tables
- Weight581 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.