CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems and short stories and satires deal with subjects such as God, love, faith, nature, life, corruption (politics, ) global warming, depression, marriage, adultery ( adultery was committed during the making of this book, ) temptations, prayer, virtue, violence, computers, censoring, the soul, idolatry, paganism, substance abuse, vanity, food, fidelity, fame, family, piracy, stupidity, pollution, oil, Darwinism, the quagmire of our war in Iraq, religious tolerance, racism, and such. Then, there are several stories written purely for entertainment, often with twisted endings. This is a collection of thoughts, some personal, some frivolous, some demented, written in a stream of consciousness manner. In many regards this is a journal, though t as a rmal person would typically write one. Be sure to read the Author's Notes, since some of them might t be about (or as bad) as you think. Not for Ages 3+.
- Author BiographySome say Iyan Igma wasn't hugged enough as a child. Others think that he's a prophet or visionary. Still others think he only has eight toes. Of course, those are just the people that live inside his head. The real Iyan Igma is a mischievous, meddling, mediocre megalomaniac who hails from South Georgia. Most people wouldn't think that he's as strange as his writings would make him appear. He likes peace and quiet, although he never gets any. He has been aptly described by Coby as one who apparently goes around breaking mirrors (purely in self-defense, though, ) and one who has no life. Iyan tries to miss a meal occasionally in order to pretend like he is a starving artist. Don't worry, he has no intention to quit his day job soon. However, any proceeds from this book will go toward building a dungeon to lock critics and would-be editors in, beginning with those who notice that his About the Author no longer shows up on page 666 like it did in the first edition. Like so many other things, he did that on purpose. Iyan works full time, goes to college, writes in the spare moments he has to make, and sleeps occasionally. That seems to be the general plan for the next short eternity. His favorite poets are Robert Browning, Edgar Allen Poe, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Alexander Pope, and Dr. Seuss. He loves Shakespeare, Bernard Shaw, Voltaire, Oscar Wilde, and many other Renaissance and Enlightenment era authors. Mythology of any sort is fascinating to him, just like writing in the third person.
- Author(s)Iyan Igma
- Date of Publication25/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.