All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
About this product
- DescriptionMost analysts of corporations and industries adopt the focal perspective of a single prototypical organization. Many analysts also study corporations primarily in terms of their internal organizational structures or as complex systems of financial contracts. Glenn Carroll and Michael Hannan bring fresh insight to our understanding of corporations and the industries they comprise by looking beyond prototypical structures to focus on the range and diversity of organizations in their social and ecomic setting. The result is a rich rendering of analysis that portrays whole populations and communities of corporations. The Demography of Corporations and Industries is the first book to present the demographic approach to organizational studies in its entirety. It examines the theory, models, methods, and data used in corporate demographic research. Carroll and Hannan explore the processes by which corporate populations change over time, including organizational founding, growth, decline, structural transformation, and mortality. They review and synthesize the major theoretical mechanisms of corporate demography, ranging from aging and size dependence to population segregation and density dependence. The book also explores some selected implications of corporate demography for public policy, including employment and regulation. In this path-breaking book, Carroll and Hannan demonstrate why demographic research on corporations is important; describe how to conduct demographic research; specify fruitful areas of future research; and suggest how the demographic perspective can enrich the public discussion of issues surrounding the corporation in our constantly evolving industrial society. All researchers and analysts with an interest in this topic will find The Demography of Corporations and Industries an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyGlenn R. Carroll is the Paul J. Cortese Distinguished Professor of Management at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley. Michael T. Hannan is the StrataCom Professor of Management and Professor of Sociology at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Glenn R. Carroll,Michael T. Hannan
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note38 tables, 54 line illus.
- Weight485 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.