The Descent into Barbarism: the History of the 20th Century, 1933-1951: v. 2: 1933-51 by Martin Gilbert (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.70Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Britain's 'greatest living factual historian' (Paul Johnson, Evening Standard), Volume II of his global history. Martin Gilbert is Britain's leading popular historian. His three-volume History of the Twentieth Century is a complete global narrative history of our century. He is the undisputed master of narrative history with an extraordinary ability to muster detailed facts into rich and compelling prose. Volume I ended with Roosevelt as the newly-elected President of the United States and Hitler appointed as Chancellor of Germany. Volume II takes the story on to the end of 1951, as the world recovers from the devastation of World War II. 'Martin Gilbert is a phemen who arouses envy among less productive professional historians...This is fascinating. I congratulate Gilbert on his good work and look forward to the next two volumes.' PAUL JOHNSON, Sunday Times. 'Gilbert is one of Britain's most eminent historians...His kwledge and scholarship make him in many ways ideally suited to write a history of our century and great insights emerge.' JOHN RAMSDEN, Financial Times. 'There can be few other contemporary historians who would be capable of such a work calling for so much kwledge and so resolute a control of a flood of disparate material.' PHILIP ZIEGLER, Literary Review
- Author BiographyMartin Gilbert was born in London in 1936 and educated at Highgate School and Magdalen College, Oxford. In 1962, he became research assistant to Randolph Churchill and, after Randolph's death, succeeded him as biographer of Sir Winston Churchill.
- Author(s)Martin Gilbert
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/1999
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, maps, portraits
- Weight820 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.15
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.75Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.