All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKarl Aspelund takes readers on a guided tour of seven stages of design, from Inspiration, Identification, Conceptualization, Exploration/Refinement, Definition/Modeling, Communication and Production. Perspectives features highlight individual designers and artists, and end-of-chapter exercises help transform design projects to reality. With a thoroughly updated illustrations, the Third Edition of this successful book includes more on sustainability, globalization and collaborative teamwork. Additional Perspectives features provide further inspiration from real-life designers.
- Author BiographyKarl Aspelund, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Textiles Fashion Merchandising and Design at the University of Rhode Island and has been a designer, artist, and teacher for over 20 years in apparel, theater, film and digital media. He received his PhD in Anthropology and Material Culture from Boston University, University Professors Program, where his dissertation on women's national dress practices in Iceland was awarded the University Professor's Edmonds Prize for Best Doctoral Dissertation of the Academic Year 2010-2011. Aspelund's research interests are in the field of apparel design and personal and national identity creation.
- Author(s)Karl Aspelund
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Content Note160 color illustrations
- Weight1113 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.