All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionEleven stories about love and desire, ambition and despair, that take us back and forth through time from a contemporary Hollywood film shoot to World War I Vienna. In Cork, a bizarre tale of love in Lisbon, an Englishwoman and a Portuguese poet meet once a year through the 1930s and fulfill each other's fantastical desires; in Alpes-Maritimes, a young Englishman must decide between the German woman he's seeing and her twin sister, to whom he is more strongly attracted; and in the title story, The Destiny of Nathalie X, a young, award-winning foreign director, in Los Angeles making a low-budget picture, gradually discovers that he, the cast, the crew and the entire troubled production are heading for unavoidable disaster.
- Author BiographyWilliam Boyd's first novel, A Good Man in Africa, won a Whitbread Prize and a Somerset Maugham Award; his second, An Ice-Cream War, was awarded the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize; Brazzaville Beach won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize; and The Blue Afternoon won the Los Angeles Times Prize for Fiction. Boyd lives in London.
- Author(s)William Boyd
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date14/07/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.