All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionArvick examines the evolution of the English verbal system in a period of significant transformation by tracing the development in Old and Middle English of will and shall future constructions. Through pragmatic analysis of speech acts, she demonstrates how speakers employed both modal and temporal auxiliaries to communicate attitudes about the future. Arvick finds historic precedent as well as intrinsic rationale for the received rules about will and shall.
- Author(s)Leslie K Arnovick
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1990
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note35 tab., 11 fig.
- Weight380 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.