All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book marks the 50th anniversary of the foundation of the International Epidemiological Association (IEA). It is a unique compendium by the world's leading epidemiologists of how the field has developed, and how it can be (and has been) applied to the control of common conditions and threats to public health. Five distinct sections guide the reader through the wealth of material: * Gives an historical account of the concepts and ideas, and current importance of epidemiology to global health issues and to organisations such as the WHO. * Illustrates the advances and contributions to epidemiologic kwledge and the control of disease in specific areas such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, tuberculosis, maternal and child health, n-biologic disorders such as war and disasters, and new infectious diseases. * Outlines the use of epidemiology in areas such as public health, health services, occupational and environmental medicine, social epidemiology and nutrition. * Discusses methodological developments such as statistics, information sources, investigation of disease outbreaks and clinical epidemiology. * Looks at how the subject has developed internationally, with perspectives on regions such as the Americas, Poland, Spain, Eastern Mediterranean, New Zealand, China, Thailand and Japan. This remarkable insight into how epidemiology has developed is essential reading for both existing and aspiring epidemiologists.
- Author BiographyWalter Holland is the former President of the International Epidemiological Association and the Faculty of Public Health Medicine. He was awarded the Europe et Medicine Prize by the Institute des Sciences de la Sante in 1994 and the Alwyn Smith Prize medal of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine in 1994. His major research interests have been in the epidemiology of chronic respiratory disease, blood pressure and the application of epidemiological principles to health services research. He has published widely, including editing the Oxford Textbook of Public Health. Jorn Olsen has published extensively in the field of Epidemiology. He has served as a member of the Governing Board of the International Association for Research on Cancer and as President elect of the International Epidemiological Association. Charles Florey has served on numerous UK and European research committees as a member and chairman. he was one of several original associate editors of the International Journal of Epidemiology, and was susequently editor. He has also been a member of many local health services committees.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note32 black and white line illustrations
- Weight963 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byCharles Du V. Florey,Jorn Olsen,Walter W. Holland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.